Adding salt cure lemons not only bring life into it but will make anyone who tastes this stop and think “Wow. What was that?” It is not required to add them but the difference it will make on the salad taste will make you to.
Don’t add extra salt to the salad without tasting, however. The briny cured lemons are very intense on their own, but season a larger dish like this perfectly.
You can make this recipe a day or two ahead and store in the refrigerator, so it’s perfect for taking to family gatherings.
Broccoli and Bow-Tie Pasta Salad
- 1 cup Farfalle (Bow-Tie) Pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 head Broccoli florets only
- 1 Red bell pepper core removed and cut into thin slices
- 1 Yellow bell pepper core removed and cut into thin slices
- 4 sliced Preserved, salt-cured lemon, finely chopped including rinds
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries optional
- 1 cup Traditional Greek yogurt full fat
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp High-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a glass bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and zest with a fork or whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place broccoli florets into a microwave safe bowl with 1 T. water, cover and microwave until slightly tender, about 4 or 5 minutes. Microwave times vary, so check after 3 minutes and adjust time accordingly. Set aside to cool completely.
In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, steamed broccoli, red and yellow pepper, cured lemon and cranberries. Toss to mix well. Add some yogurt dressing and toss again until thoroughly combined and serve.
Did you like “Broccoli Bowtie Pasta Salad Recipes”? We would greatly appreciate if you share it on Facebook and Tweet it.