I have been feeling pain and discomfort in my index finger for several days already when I decided to call someone to massage it thinking maybe the pain would be relieved.
Though the pain was reduced after the massage, it comes back after a day or two. That’s when I decided to a clinic nearby to have it checkup fearing that I am suffering from gout or high uric acid.
The doctor asks to have my blood tested so we could verify if it was really the case. After one and a half hour of waiting for the result, I was relieved that my uric acid is within the normal range and the pain might be because of using my index finger most of the time especially at work in the office clicking my computer’s mouse.
But, to my surprise and without even having a small hint, the test results also revealed that my cholesterol levels are way above the roof.
If you are like me suffering from high cholesterol, maintaining a healthy diet and an active lifestyle can help you reduce and control your cholesterol levels.
Follow these lifestyle tips to stay healthy and how to lower your cholesterol levels naturally.
1. Limit the amount of sugar and salt added to your food. This is an easy one for me, I don’t even use sugar in my coffee.
2. Choose whole grain bread and high fiber foods such as oats, barley, beans, brown rice, strawberries, and peas. Instead of buying those white milk bread for breakfast you can replace it with brown bread.
3. Eat more fatty fish such as Salmon, Mackerel, and Herring all of which contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids that can reduce cholesterol levels and triglycerides.
4. Limit saturated fat and trans-fat by avoiding fast food, and whole-fat dairy products, as well as butter, oils such as coconut and palm oil, and baked goods.
5. Choose lean cuts of meat and make sure to trim all visible fats before cooking.
6. Consume fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. I am now only having a vegetable salad for dinner, and for lunch, the restaurant I am eating to have different dishes consist mainly of fish, chicken, meat, and vegetable. I always select vegetable and fish and only order meat when there is no another option.
7. Limit foods that contain cholesterol like egg yolks, organ meats, and whole-milk products.
8. Quit smoking. (I am not a smoker myself)
9. Be physically active and try to participate in at least 30 minutes of exercise on four or more days per week. I purchase Gordon, Dashama Konah – 30DYC: 30 Day Yoga Challenge 10 DVD Box Set and started doing yoga. I prefer to exercise at my house.
How Much Does Green Tea Lower My Cholesterol?
Did you like “9 Effective Tips On How To Lower Cholesterol Levels Without Medication”? We would greatly appreciate if you would share this on Facebook and Retweet it.